After exploring the different data sets in the databrowser, you may order data for a specific glacier or region. You can obtain the desired data set(s) and related meta-data from the following operational databases and data reports, respectively:
- WGMS (2012): Fluctuations of Glaciers database. World Glacier Monitoring Service, Zurich, Switzerland. Digital media. Data access from: http://www.wgms.ch/metadatabrowser.html
- GLIMS (2013): GLIMS Glacier Inventory. Armstrong, R., B. Raup, S.J.S. Khalsa, R. Barry, J. Kargel, C. Helm, and H. Kieffer. 2013 (eds.), U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder, Colorado, USA: Digital media. Online available from: http://www.glims.org
- Arendt et al. (2014): Randolph Glacier Inventory 4.0: A dataset of global glacier outlines. Global Land Ice Measurements from Space, U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder Colorado, USA. Digital Media.
- WGMS and NSIDC (1989, updated 2012): World Glacier Inventory. Compiled and made available by the World Glacier Monitoring Service, Zurich, Switzerland, and the National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder CO, USA. Digital Media. Online available from: http://nsidc.org/data/glacier_inventory/index.html
- Gärtner-Roer, I., Naegeli, K., Huss, M., Knecht, T., Machguth, H. & M. Zemp (2014): A database of worldwide glacier thickness observations. Global and Planetary Change 122: 330-344. DOI: 10.1016/j.gloplacha.2014.09.003
- NSIDC (2002, updated 2009): Glacier Photograph Collection. U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder, Colorado, USA. Digital media. Online available from: http://nsidc.org/data/glacier_photo/
For questions about the available data sets and for general information on the global distribution and changes of glaciers and ice caps, please contact: email@example.com.